Tuesday 20 July 2010

Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Today I finished of the rig as much as I could before the skinning. I again am following Paul Neale’s DVD’s on rigging in max and am learning as I go. I created in the past two rigs, one for a female character, which I made from scratch without help, and although it was functional really lacked a full range of motion. The second for a tooth fairy character that again had a few faults, and this the third, seems to be quite smooth in its movement. After I have created the UI and skinned George I may record him in a variety of poses with different lighting, so I can test various lighting solutions with the skin shader and test the movement and flexibility of the rig and any problems with the skinning.

Anyhow today there were a few little problems with the rig, a bit of scripting went wrong and took some time to find the faults, but I am learning and new to scripting as well as rigging. If only everything could be done with wiring! Anyhow I am of, here is a screen cap of the rig so far. Tomorrow I will be skinning! Oh I also hit on a problem with the character George and Ian with the rig for the earphones and earphone wire, in which the wire would move dynamically with physics. I originally intended to do this by hand, but after re-rigging a older character with a skin wrapped cloth driver I think this will work much better, leaving less work to me, yet more work for the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment