Friday 23 July 2010

Friday, 23 July 2010

Rigged up the jaw of George and after animating a small sequence of jaw movements I tested the idea of using cloth drivers on the mesh for the beard and earphone wire. However after tests I feel it is not producing the results I am after, and therefore have decided to try a spring system with a bone of the jaw for the beard. However im rather stuck with the earphone wire, since it is connected in two places, with one end going into a pocket… The only way I can see of being able to produce decent results is to animate by hand the end to the wire, and create a cloth simulation for the sequence. Since I can’t see a way of connecting the wire to the vertex of the pocket of the character with the correct weighting to follow the pocket as it deforms.
I ran a number of simulations using a cloth and skin wrap to the wire with mixed results but in the end decided it worked well enough to use. The earphones are only used by George and Ian, with Ian taking of his earphones, which will be quite difficult, but I am confident I can run the simulation, and set states for the earphone wire, and if worst comes to worst I could always replace the sim with a morph.
I also rigged the jaw up to one UI. I am a little worried about how tying all the UI items together will work well enough to perform lip sync believably, but I can always add in UI elements latter if necessary after further testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment