Saturday 3 July 2010

Saturday, 03 July 2010

Found a number of ways around the seams problem, which I will test latter with the Darren Elm character.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?p=434721

Mainly cranking up the over paint seams to be the quickest and easiest. Or if that doesn’t work

http://forums.epicgames.com/archive/index.php/t-712099.html

by fading in along the seems with a rich bluetone rgb[0.0.255]. However I think this may create flat areas along the seams

I found latter another tutorial that helps with this issue in more detail.

http://www.andrewklein.net/bh/fix_normalmap_seams.html

Basically flipping channels should work in the uvs are flipped when uving. However since there is a front and back to my character flipping the channels would produce the same problem on the other side instead, or where the seam for the flipping occurred. Anyhow will see how Darren Elm looks latter and work with it if I have to.

I think I will need to be a little more clever with the UV placement , creating the front and back in one uv with the seams under the arms and down the sides of the chest.


If the problem is apparent after creating Darren, I will try transferring the high res model to X normal and see if that can resolve the issue.


Here is a wire frame of Darren Elm. To speed things up a little and since it really was not necessary to build a completely new body for Darren, I used George Elms body and reedited it for Darren, a bit of kit bashing that saved a days work.



No comments:

Post a Comment