Thursday 22 July 2010

Thursday, 22 July 2010

I have finished skinning the character George now and added the eye controls. Next step is the morphs and UI, a first for me so I am reading up as much as I can on the subject. The book stop staring, although in Maya is a great help in the decision to go for a blend facial UI as well as Paul Neale’s rigging dvds.

The skiing went ok, there were a few problems with the belly area deforming when the character was put in a sitting position. I tried using a morph deformer in skin, however since the bones were linked to helpers rather than other bones it would not accept it as a valid joint (I think) any way I fixed the issue by using stretchy bones from the thigh to the belly.




Here is a few test renders with the eyes rigged up and eye dilation, bellow that is a shot of the character in a pose, just showing deformations. I am unsure as yet if to create the morphs first and UI and add the beard cloth driver last, or the beard cloth driver before the Morphs. I think I will adding everything else before the cloth beard and see how that goes,. Therefore if it does not work as I had hoped I can add either a spring bone to the beard or another morph target for some sway.



No comments:

Post a Comment