Friday 2 July 2010

Friday, 02 July 2010

I have create the high res model for Ian Elm. It was rather quick, just adding similar details as the Ian model. There was no need to add any further details to hands and feet since they are only shown grasping the light stick at one point in the animation, and will not be featured heavily.



I realised latter I had attached the inner mouth to the same model, consequently the Normal and cavity map was ruined. Silly mistake due to rushing no doubt. Anyhow the second run at the high res model looks much better than the first.




Now I noticed latter there was some artefacts on the shoulders and top of the head, which I pinned down to the normal map between uv seams. You can see it on the render above where the arms join the chest at the shoulder.

I don’t know why the normal map was causing this strange seam effect but resolved the issue by de-saturating the normal map and fixing the seam problem by cloning, before taking it back into Photoshop and recreating the normal map from the grey scaled image. I think this got around the problem of the seams without having to clone the actual normal map.



And the character with hair (again reusing Ian’s hair and adjusting to fit the concept)



Wire frame


Final

No comments:

Post a Comment