Monday 5 July 2010

Tuesday, 06 July 2010

I am rather tired been working solidly all day to get the Darren Elm character finished so I can get back on track. Hopefully I can make sense but I am lapsing into sleep!!
Ok renders..

Here is the finished body, quite happy with the look, but perhaps will adjust the shoulders when rigging.




I decided that the cowl just wasn’t working, so thought of the best way to have intertwined leaves made into a cowl in 3D. in the end opted to cut out the cowl from the original mesh, and weave it by hand, adding some dried leaves and grass texture for the cowl and changing it to a skin shader, so it has really nice back scattering effects.







The helmet was taken by the Darren Elm from a dead ant carcase and reshaped. I therefore researched into the pigment of ants, adjusting it slightly to be more red, and again opting for a skin shader to produce a nice effect.

The bones seen here and the bones as jewellery I decided to reuse the tooth shader from the jaws with a different texture, which worked quite well.




Bellow is the final Elm design



A wire frame of the creature






A final render





And the feet which feature prominently in the running sequence in Darren’s first dream



In the end I opted to rework the shader for the ant helmet, to give it more backscatter



And that’s it, bed now. Audrey moth tomorrow


Oh I also reedited Georges Cowl to be the same as Darrens

No comments:

Post a Comment