Wednesday 17 November 2010

Wednesday, 17 November 2010

I began working on shots 53-57 today (the night scene in the plant with the Elmys). I started by setting each character into the position in that scene and testing the lighting, and reworking it so its just as I had envisioned. Lighting plays a key role in this scene with Darren’s Elmy coming out of the darkness, a conversation in a dimly lit cave, and the centipede appearing after its silhouette at the end. To be frank though after doing some test renders I am very unhappy with the look of the centipede on the plant, and may decided to take it out if after animating and final lighting setup it still doesn’t gel well. I can always add another fly instead on that branch, but I prefer the less generic centipede than another fly.

Anyhow here’s some test lighting renders for the night scene. Tomorrow I will block out the poses and begin tweaking the poses. Then spend the next few days working on the facial animation. Dependent I suppose if I need to rework any of the last shots after my tutors have seen.







No comments:

Post a Comment