Saturday 27 November 2010

Sunday, 28 November 2010

I have been working hard on the same sequence (shots 53-57) for the last few days now. I am hoping to wrap up the character interaction by tomorrow and get to work for the next four days on the flies and centipede. Its been tough going trying to get the right action and timing. I am still not one hundred percent sure of using a helmet to show his “warrior” status in the tribe, and perhaps putting his helmet on detracts from the actual animation. Plus with the timing of the short its difficult to have him putting his helmet on in such a short amount of time.

The lip-sync is another problem that I think will grow easier over time. But for now its taken all day to do the eye animation and the lip-sync for one character, with two more needing the lip-sync created tomorrow. It’s a good experience and great when it all comes together. The UI I created is working well, and I am able to add in curves and Bezier if necessary by editing the actual ui icons rather than the morphs that are linked to them by the reactor manger.

I am just trying to add some emotion to the characters, but without eyebrows (although the controls are there they simply move the skin above the eyes) actual movement of the eyebrow controls just looks weird, and all emotion is best expressed with the mouth and eyes.
Anyway I am going to continue this tonight until Darren’s finished and move on to Ian and George Elm tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment