Monday 29 November 2010

Monday, 29 November 2010

A very brief update today. Happily I am still staying on schedule! I spent today working on the last sequence of shots 53-57, the 3 insects. So far I have blocked out all the insects and animated the background fly. Tomorrow I will work on the front one and begin the arduous task of animating the centipede. I linked the spine controls of the centipede to a pathway, which has made it much easier to animate the main body, with only the 100 legs to worry about. But I have about 3 days now to animate the legs, and adjust the lighting within the cave> Currently I am using 4 lights inside the cave, 3 to light each character separately, and although it gives more control the difference in lighting between character is noticeable, so I am either going to go down to 2 lights (one for Darren’s monologue at the beginning and one to light all the characters through the rest of the scene) OR adjust the levels of the lights so they match.

Oh I also changed the cameras so the main section is just one long camera move rather than 4 cuts. It works a lot better, shows more of the character interaction, and is a lot less jarring.

Here is a test render from checking if the Helmet works when placing it on his head

No comments:

Post a Comment