Tuesday 30 November 2010

Tuesday, 30 November 2010

I finished of the animation for shots 53-57 today. Quiet happy with the results and so are the few I have shown it to. Of course I may go back latter to adjust elements if necessary, im just rendering of a test render, and hopefully my tutors will approve.

I studied up on the movement of flies and centipedes before animating them, and got the sharp movements of the fly down as best as I could, yet the centipede I thought would be a extremely hard and time consuming character to animate, with 40 legs to be animated in all. However I had a wee brain wave the other night of attaching the spine segments to a pathway, as said before, and then I only need to deal with the legs. Last night I had the idea of attaching the leg controllers to the spline, therefore matching the movement, and animate in one sequence all the legs moving once, and copy pasting this movement continuously to form a walk with all the legs in one. Then all I had to do was move the leg key frames around to look the most like a walking centipede. In all the biggest and most time consuming aspect was making sure the legs didn’t intersect the ground so much, and I am just doing a test render to make sure when they do it is not to noticeable.

So its Tuesday, and I have pretty much wrapped up on animating 53-57. Next week it is 35, 38-42, where Darren Elm is first seen running after the Audrey Moth. Some acrobatics and much research on Moths is needed. I don’t want the moth to fly to all over the place as Moths do, but slowed down somewhat> To make it seem more menacing. I will work on it anyway,. I have set paths where I want the Moth to fly, and Darren Elm to follow, therefore the jumpy movements of a normal moth would look just strange. But maybe I can work on something in-between a slowed down moth with slightly quirky recognisable movement. The only time I really want the quirky jumpy movement of a normal Moth is when it exits the plant from Darren’s point of view. Its a lot to think about anyway.

Anyway I think its tomorrow off and starting on this next scene the day after…. Unless anything untoward happens with the render test of 53-57.

No comments:

Post a Comment