Thursday 4 February 2010

2010-02-04 – Voice acting session with John Howarth

The session went really well. John was a true professional, he seemed to breath life to the characters of Ian and George right before my eyes. It only took two hours to have everything recorded and he also allowed me to film him after the voices were recorded so I can use the data to help with the facial animation latter. I really enjoyed it but I hit the first “don’t know what I don’t know” problems, which was I should have edited the script down to just have the lines of George or Ian on one or two pages, and a stand for the paper! But I will for the next session with Dorothy who I must thank for setting this up. She has been a great help with organising the voice talent when the arrangements I had planned fell short. Another problem was the voice recording software kept crashing with a strange error message. I will bring it up with the tutor tomorrow and hopefully have it sorted for the next session. I am still short of a actor to play the boy Darren, however a friend said he knows someone who practises drama and could be interested, so will give him a ring latter. I also have another friend in backup.
Anyhow John nailed both parts, managing to sound as two completely different people and also said I am welcome to email him if I need any more and he can record it from home. All Sorted! Voice acting day 1. Sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment