Wednesday 8 June 2011

Wednesday, 08 June 2011

Working on shot 44 to 52 still. Its taking a while, this is the most amount of character interaction I have done but its working quiet well. I think I tend to preview more, since I worry about working with so many characters. I think this shot would lend itself well to a nice step by step of the animation process. Block out, body movement, eye movement, face movement, etc. I think a short video of this would look really well and be useful for other students also.

Anyway the eye movement is finished. All body movements and looking at the beginning of the facial animation tomorrow. I am really happy with the interaction and think the shot will work very well. I am tempted to drop all cameras just to show all the 4 characters bouncing off each other. But then this wouldn’t fit with the rest of the film. Will leave that for the how I did it video on animation I guess.

HMMM. Ok also for note for myself I did a little trickery. I had re animated all the objects that move from Ian and Darren. However the opacity needs to change when they fall through the desk and then are re picked up by the character (it would appear in render that they fall in the box and they pick up a new object, but in the animation there is actually only one object that they flick, falls through the box and appears back in there hands). The problem was to animate the opacity I had so many other key frames for the box movements I could not really toy with the opacity keys, so added a new piece of geometry and added the material to that and worked with that animating the opacity in the correct sequence, therefore not having the woes of all the key frames for the green objects.

On the rendering side of things I am still rendering off 53- 57 and had to restart it a few times. Firstly Georges beard wasn’t animated and secondly the pipe was way to bright, almost popping out the scene with its brightness, (as shown in the previous post) so therefore added a new light just for the pipe with a lower multiplier. Now the characters with the lighting seem to fit great and I don’t think there will be that much tweaking after.

No comments:

Post a Comment