Tuesday 7 June 2011

Tuesday, 07 June 2011

Still working on shot 44-52. I took a preview render of the actions of the characters on the previous sequences, to make sure everything flowed. Audrey and Ian’s body movements are great, and so are Georges and I am just finishing off Darren’s before working on the facial animation’s. I have to say this is maybe the longest shot to involve so many characters. Yet I am getting there! Its fun to work with the interactions, and hopefully this will be shown in the film. Anyway I have had some troubles with Ian’s Earphone wire. And in a latter sequence Ian takes the earphones off and on and I do worry on the movement of the wire. I can see me spending a day trying to get it right alone.

Looking at the latter shots and how I organised the schedule I think it will be increasingly easier as time progresses. I am at the moment a few weeks behind, due to illness. But I am slowly catching up, and since I began rendering earlier this year I am pretty much on top of the render schedule that I initially had planned. for the end of the film (off course some elements may have to change when the film is complete, and viewed for critique before final hand in.) Therefore it leaves me at the moment a good 4 months for the dissertation. However this may be 3 month by the end of the film.

Today I also re-worked on the lighting for shot 53-57. The cave in the tree section. Having viewed some cave shots in films I decided it would look a lot more … colder, and damper if a more blue light was used for the Elmies, and push out the Specular some more. I could have adjusted the character skin but decided to do the majority of work in post, using layers of black and Specular for the objects.

Here’s a comparison of the shot before and after light changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment