Saturday 18 June 2011

Saturday, 18 June 2011

I have not posted in a few days. The work is going very well. Shot 21-22 where Darren flicks the green object into the box in the end fit perfectly to the sound. My initial worries of the shots sound needing adjustment was short lived once I had blocked out the character and the movement of the green object. In the end another bit of trickery was adding two green objects, one in hand linked to the hand and one thrown unlinked, so I could really produce some nice bounce to the object without worrying that the hand of Darren’s keys as it moves back again would force the object back.
The last shot rendering shot 44-52 is still rendering, taken 20 hours or so, so far and another 40 to go. But in this sequence once the zdepth is added I will change the zdepth to black and readjusted the ceiling lighting, so I can really play with the glow effect of the lights. Then render off the actual zdepth after. The render schedule has been thrown up in the air somewhat due to spotting mistakes in the sequences, and having to also re-render them. I am unconcerned at the moment, I still have untill December to get all the film finalised.,
I finished shot 25 – 26 also, a small shot of Darren looking to his left at Ian and then through his eyes checking Ian out and what he’s doing. For this I imported his sequence from shot 23, where he leans on his hand, and then deleted the keys until the final moment he is positioned with his arm in hands. Therefore enabling me to work from the final pose in 23 to the beginning of 25. The camera I linked between his head and eye control, therefore giving a direct view of where he really is looking in the film , also giving the first person view a little more believability..
I also have finished shot 28-29, where Darren surveys the room. I was unsure on this shot to add some trickery of all the scene fading out and leaving the plant on its own. But after tests it works much better without. Again I purposefully imported the sequences from the previous shot so I had there starting points, and worked through the animations again. Animating all the characters in the sequence, even off camera, to allow me to move the cameras if necessary and put the characters in there positions for the next sequence. I actually spent the most time on Ian in this sequence, who is never actually seen in the shot! I tried adding the camera to the face and eye ctrls however the movements of the eyes, how it tends to dart from chair to chair, was too jarring for the camera and I wanted a smooth flow across the office to survey the scene. Lining up exactly with the sound I added one of the background workers coughing and everyone’s reaction to this. Is he ok? Is he chocking? Etc. It works well.
Now I am on with shot 30-32. A shot with a lot of speech from Ian and Darren and a hand shake at the end. This really needs to be times perfectly with the sound and I wonder if I have given enough time for the shake while talking…. Or do the characters shake while talking,,. It will be an enjoyable shot to animate, as with all the characters. I think that’s it…
Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment