Tuesday 12 October 2010

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

I began working on the factory environment over the weekend. Firstly populating the scene with all the non movable objects. This produced a major problem with the file size, and corrupt files. I firstly reedited some of the objects to make them more low polygon, and edited the green objects so that in boxes they would just be squares, unnoticed due to blurring far away. A sort of level of detail for some of the objects. I then converted all the objects to edit meshes from edit poly to save space, and after a number of tweaks I had reduced the file size to half of what it was, and solved the corruption problem.

Oh also I had made a mistake on the shelving, having placed the main shelving with various objects the wrong side and he shelving with just simple boxes that should be at the far end at the other, so I had to reedit the geometry of these items to suit. It didn’t take to long and also allowed me to collapse it all to editable meshes rather than a grouped object.

After that I reworked all the camera shots for better camera angles, framing of the scenes and timing given the background objects in the scene, placing some cameras on pathways for smoother transitions, and edited the curves of the majority of the camera angles for smoother flow. Latter I will cut the scene up per shot, for animation purposes and lower file sizes.

Here’s a screen

I then edited the actual factory block out and factory exterior for better topology and flow, before moving onto texturing. Beginning with the road (aiming for a extremely used, unmarked by white lines road) I purposefully edit the spec and gloss + normal map to make it appear a recently rained on road, and added water puddles near the sides around the pavement. Tomorrow I hope to texture the pavement, concreted parking area by the side of the factory, and all other exteriors, before working on the interior on Thursday. If all goes well that will just leave the lighting for the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment