Saturday 30 October 2010

Sunday, 31 October 2010

Its been a very long week trying to get the final scenes ready for the plant interior but I finished the last branch just a few minutes ago. All that’s left is to populate with leaves and flowers and add lights to the scenes. I think I will do all this in separate files rather than keeping it in one file as I have so far. All in all its seven scenes with 30 branches. Each branch I created high poly, with normal maps, colour maps, spec and gloss maps. In hindsight I am worried that some close of shots of the branches will just be pixelated, and it may have been wiser to use tiled textures rather than one texture per branch, however when I started I really wanted to get that gnarly look that I could only really accomplish with high poly work in the normal map. Perhaps if I wanted to reedit it again, I could use tillable textures for the larger branches, that are shot in close up. But for now I am going to go with it and if it becomes a major problem and really ruins the scenes I will have to go back and rework some of the branches, perhaps 3 or 4 of them. I am most concerned with the scene at night, yet with decent lighting it may be ok.

Anyhow here’s 2 renders with the fog in the background and below that another with a shot with the twigs a little bit to pixelated and below that the night scene. Hopefully It will look better with some leaves in there to. Its very late and been a real slog trying to get this finished. A uphill struggle that didn’t seem to wain, but I got through it so tomorrow I will populate the scenes and finish them off, then I guess spend a day working on the plan of action for animating, a nine month sprint.

I always had trouble building trees.











No comments:

Post a Comment