Tuesday 7 September 2010

Tuesday, 07 September 2010

Created the rig for the fly firstly today, skinned it and again decided to leave out a UI since its face movements are never shown. The rig has movement controls wired for the knee, wings and abdomen with a nice curvature, here’s a screen cap.



I also decided to finish of the rigging by rigging up the last two characters the silhouettes people. I used Max’s Biped for this with some trouble with the file size for the initial model ever expanding. So I reverted to a previous save and rest max, merging the file to a clean state, which seemed to fix the problem. Here’s some caps



The file size issue has made me more concerned about the final file size of the animation. When everything is merged into the scenes would the file size become a major problem? Anyhow its an issue for latter on. For the background objects I will keep the poly count as low as I can get away with without it becoming noticeable, and hopefully that will help. Also when merging in the main characters will take out the morphs and rely on the saved states of the morphs on the characters stack. Also I could take out characters that are not in the shot, as long as I am not getting any reflections from the windows etc.

Anyhow that’s about it, I want to spend a day or two working on that wheeler character and a few tutorials since I am nearly two weeks ahead now, before settling down for the object sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment