Monday 6 September 2010

Monday, 06 September 2010

I completed the Audrey Moth as planned and created a animation test of the movements, and everything works fine. Had a few days off before getting down to the last few characters to rig.

Today I worked on the centipede. It was rather time consuming, with 40 legs and a terribly long spine it took quite a while to rig it up, but its all working quiet smoothly now. I decided not to do a animation test on the creature simply because the 40 legs would take a few hours to animate and I want to crack on. In the end the character is only on screen for 3 seconds or so and only half the body, so I am not to concerned, as long as it moves smoothly without any hiccups it will be fine. Anyhow here’s a screen grab of the rig.



I wired up the legs so I can adjust the knee pivot just as a precaution and some bounce to the antenna, but nothing really fancy in this rig, Also I didn’t bother with any facial setup. Since the face is never actually shown in the animation.

Tomorrow will work on the fly and the day after the last two characters, then have the weekend free before the big object sprint. The Object sprint + environments will last me until near the end of December.

No comments:

Post a Comment