Saturday 23 January 2010

02/10/09

Today we were shown work from the second year masters. This was a real eye opener to show what work is being produced. Some really good artwork. I am hoping with my animation I can keep within the time scales allocated. Of course being on the part time masters has its advantages with the time scales, however I do work three days a week also.

Mario showed the group an animated short called The Cathedral, which really made me think about my own piece I am developing. Have I chosen the right subject matter? Could my piece be lost in the eons of bad ideas or should I begin thinking of a more fantasy based animation? Something unusual that stands out. Yes it means scrapping the work I have done before, but it could be said that this is just good practise. I need to think about this and possibly redesign the idea. Even though others suggest the original idea of the production line (now called “On the Line”) is a good idea. Possibly adding some unusual imaginative elements to the day dreaming scenes?

I have completed the first four characters for the piece. Here are the last two

One of the workers


Another worker

No comments:

Post a Comment