Saturday 15 May 2010

Sunday, 16 May 2010

I choose to try a different way of developing the hair this time. Using actual moustache imagery I adjusted the levels to create the hair texture. However it came out very pixelated if up close. Here’s an image.



I am going to try reworking the planes to see if I can work with it, it does give a nice texture like you would have from a heavy smoker, with the slightly stained look of the moustache. I just don’t like the white blobs of pixels. If it just doesn’t give the effect of a layered moustache I will paint it by hand in the end.


I am quite happy with the eye brows, although it does again have slight white specs appearing.




You can see a strange white artefact at the top right of the brow.

Adjusted all the setting of the material so it has the same mat as George. using a bump maps to heighten the sense of real hair.




Also I have adjusted the Specular to remove any high whites which seems to have resolved the problem in the brows


Then began reworking the moustache. Bellow is the first layer of hair, although I only adjusted the Specular of the hair it looks a lot better, hardly noticing the pixilation due to editing the elvels of a photographic reference.



And second layer, still not looking to bad. Yet not thick enough



Its eventually seems to have come out rather well using photo reference rather than painting. Just need to take some renders from different angles then its on to figuring out how to work on the wisps of hair on the head. Either alphas again or splines…. Either can be animated when he moves, so not sure which will be best.



Looking at the render bellow the moustache looks nice but the eyebrows look far to thin. I think Ian would have great big thick eyebrows to go along with the thick moustache.



Reworked the eye brows some more, yet I think they could do with going all the way round as a normal thick eye brow would do.


I think I will skip the wisps of hair the head, I think its non essential and will just waist time. Anyhow here’s a render of the brows, I think finished.

And a full render of the head





No comments:

Post a Comment