Friday 14 May 2010

Friday, 14 May 2010

Worked on the texture today, trying to keep within the same constraints as the George character so they all belong in the same visual world. However I wanted to experiment with using some photographic textures on the face, and blending them in to add more detail but again still exist in the same stylised cartoon world.



In the end I used a soft light layer to blend the cartoon to realistic look, so its a lot more subtle, but due to the amount of close ups of the character should give it more realism.



Since the hands will be seen a few times I tried to make the finger nails a little more realistic, in the end I opted for a ss shader with the same settings as the skin, so they didn’t like plastic and stuck on, also adjusting the pour maps weight so as not to be so harsh.












Finally I added some dirt around the clothing to be slightly more slob like.



However the skin was slightly to wet, so toned it down a little more and took of the reflection on the eyes which was just far to much.



I will work on the moustache, eye lashes and wisps of hair on the head next.

No comments:

Post a Comment